Generica is featured on Brothersoft.com
GENERICA GETS SOME LOVE
Pretty cool, right?
Posted by kentona 12.APR.2010
I'VE COMPILED ALL THE COMMON QUESTIONS I'VE RECEIVED FROM VARIOUS SOURCES
I've updated the frequently asked questions to include some of the trickier and more common questions about playing the game. If you are stuck, check there for hints. If your question isn't answered there, head on over to Hero's Realm's RMN gamepage and post a question in the comments. I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Posted by kentona 28.SEP.2009
3D Globe for the World Map
AN INTERACTIVE WORLD MAP
Mad props to GameOverGamesProductions for this sweet globe for Hero's Realm world map.
Posted by kentona 22.JUN.2009
Version 1.5 is now available for download
After halibabica's final playthrough and review, he identified several more (mostly minor) bugs in the game. Being a perfectionist, I fixed them up and a few other things and released them as v1.5
Old saves from v1.0, v1.1, v1.2, v1.3 and v1.4 will work just fine with v1.5. Just copy them over to the new game. THIS is the last update (I promise!).
Posted by kentona 20.JUN.2009
Some Music Credits
One thing I've been meaning to add to the website is a credit to Bjorn Lynne, from whom I've used a fair number of musical selections.
Music composed by Bjorn Lynne (PRS). All rights reserved. Used under permission. I recommend royalty free music from the excellent stock music library at www.Shockwave-Sound.com
Also check out http://www.lynnemusic.com/midi.html
Posted by kentona 4.MAY.2009
Version 1.3 is now available for download
FIXED THE MAJOR EXP BUG
The big fix is for the EXP Bug (root cause discovered by Izazie). Now you won't be getting mysterious EXP drops in chapter 5! Yay!
Old saves from v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2 will work just fine with v1.3. Just copy them over to the new game. Unless another devastating bug is found (and fixed!) this will be the last update.
- - POST EPIC battle vs. Shelob wasn't being set....FIXED
- - Transform = OFF with Darmon...FIXED
- - Kafka damage too high...FIXED
- - Expel not in spell list...FIXED
- - Better directions in Chapter 5 and Ch. 1...FIXED
- - Corpse Explosion not doing damage...NO IDEA WHY
- - Gold Toss too weak...YEP IT IS, BUT TOO MUCH WORK TO CHANGE
- - Gem Tarot card not giving gold? NOPE IT ISN'T, BUT TOO MUCH WORK TO CHANGE
- - EXP bug...PATCHED
- - Joker class --> elite?...ADDED
- - Channeler/elite skills showing weird transparency...FIXED
- - Erase picture for class upgrades...FIXED
- - Skills page transparency issues...FIXED
- - Templar faceset when upgrading to a Templar as a male was wrong...FIXED
- - Port Kells docks wider...FIXED
- - Okasa song...FIXED
- - Horn imp not fighting...FIXED
- - Sailing no monsters in Ch. 3...FIXED
- - In the Cave of Truth, the is a save point that is completely useless, since you can save absolutely everywhere....FIXED
- - When you use Magicombo or Pummel, and then choose what the other partners will do, you have to wait until it's the hero's turn again before the others can do anything....THIS IS AN RM2k3 STUPID ISSUE
- - I was able to jump onto the Phantom Ship and sail with it. I had 2 gameovers (my whole party numbed) but was able to reach the Temple of Class Change even before I got any of the Sacred Artifacts....FIXED
- - Temple of class change. You put the wrong picture (or none at all?) for the elite class (and masters perhaps) stats and skill. The result is well, I have to open the picture folder (or your website) to see the stats/skills.....FIXED
- - Spinidel : death by ladykiller (he doesn't even get a move; well, maybe once). Dunno if this is intended (no death immunity).....FIXED
- - PYRAMID : Warp whistle takes you to Chapter 1's Bathalas' castle (is that the name) ; i.e. the last dungeon for Holdana in the 1st chapter. ....FIXED
- - Shelob Respawn? I seem to be able to fight them a 2nd time....FIXED
- - EXP After battle test msg...REMOVED
- - EXP cheat?...PRESS F9 AND MODIFY VARIABLES 381~412
Posted by kentona 29.APR.2009
Version 1.1 is available for download
FIXED SOME MINOR BUGS
I have cleared out 90% of the remaining piddly bugs and defects that I missed the first time through. While most of the defects are of the type of "animation is wrong" or "typo" or "monster has too much HP", there are a few bigger ones:
- - The dancing flames of the pyramid are INSTANT DEATH due to my use of Collision With Hero. Fixed.
- - A switch in the lost city of Tritonis is defective, preventing you from getting the last treasure chest. Fixed.
- - Remedy was set to All Enemies, instead of All Allies, which really messes the battle up. Fixed.
- - Ivangorod the Terrible, Cathrine the Cruel and Peter the Great are really hard to encounter on the world map in Kremsland (stupid RM2k3!) so I changed my tactics and added invisible roaming on-touch events on the map that start a battle. Playability is thus improved.
- - Added a Hotkey to fix speed IF it messes up. Press 5 to reset the speed.
- - In the Desolate Valley, using Outside or a Warp Whistle would set your walking speed incorrectly. Fixed.
- - The exit from the Hawksnest meeting room would be blocked by Pablo as he exited. Fixed.
- - The entrance to the Void of the World was blocked. Fixed.
Posted by kentona 11.MAR.2009
Release Date Set
MARCH 6th, 2009
I have set a release date for Hero's Realm (finally!).
Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it......
...A little more...
Here it is:
March 6th, 2009
Posted by kentona 20.FEB.2009
Release Something! V
EQUIPMENT AND CITIES UPDATE
For RMN's Release Something! V I've updated all the equipment tables to the current data in the game AND posted a huge summary of all the cities in the realm, with city maps! Check out the equipment section for the updates.
Posted by kentona 19.DEC.2008
IMAGE GALLERY AND PROGRESS UPDATE
Yes, Hero's Realm is still being worked on. I have not died or anything.
I've updated the website with a screenshot image gallery, guestbook and help center, and removed the forum link (it was only used for a brief period when I was doing some beta-testing). I've also added links to reviews and awards for Hero's Realm.
Huge progress has been made in Hero's Realm. I've mapped nearly every city and village in the game (there are nearly 20), mapped most of the dungeons and coded almost all of the custom system the game uses, such as the multi-party switch, multi-party battles, class upgrading, the Ghost Ship, the worldmap, the Day/Night toggle item, class-determination system and a host of other things I can't remember off the top of my head. What's left is coding the monsters database and monster groups, the remaining boss battles and the custom Auction House and Coliseum features.
Expect Hero's Realm early 2009.
Posted by kentona 10.DEC.2008
WITH NEW INFORMATION ON CLASSES
I've update the site to reflect the changes in the classes that were recently implemented, including adding new descriptions for the new classes and updating the spell tables. Spell lists for the hero and master classes have also been added.
Also note the new favicon and updated links section.
Chapter 5 is under development. I have implemented the class change functionality for both in dungeon and overworld. The last thing I need to figure out is how to make a FFVI-like tactical battle system (and EXP sharing system).
Posted by kentona 24.OCT.2007
The Official Site Moves to a new free host
A *NEW* SITE TO PUT ALL MY DATA
Due to hosting issues, I moved to a new free site. Hopefully this site will last longer than the last!
Posted by kentona 15.FEB.2007
Hero's Realm Official Site Opens!
A SITE TO PUT ALL MY DATA
I created this site to hold my game manual for Hero's Realm. For those of you new to Hero's Realm, it is an in-progress indie RPG created using RM2k3. Feel free to explore the site for more information on the game. Links are on the left.
I got the CSS template from free-css-templates.com in case you were wondering how I managed to make such a slick site. I may make my own one day, but this template serves my purposes for now.
Posted by kentona Start the tour 06.FEB.2007